Ingredients (makes a lot of servings, can be halved or more!!!)
- 2 (17-ounce) containers Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 hothouse cucumbers, unpeeled, seeded and chopped (or whatever cucumbers you grew to make that amount)
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 9 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper (I added less!)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
- Fresh dill, for garnish
DirectionsIn a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process batches of yogurt, half-and-half, cucumbers, red onion, scallions, salt, and pepper. Process until the cucumbers are finely pureed and then pour into a bowl.
Continue processing the rest of the ingredients until all of it is pureed. Fold in the dill, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until very cold.
Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice. Serve chilled, garnished with fresh dill.